Alrighty, so the whole evolution project thing, as I moved farther along with it, turned out that the details I was going to attempt to represent would be too subtle to get people to recognize. Though it lead me to the next project idea! Mason and I have joined forces to work on an Augmented Reality project that will bring augmented reality to a corner of downtown Reno. I will be turning that corner into a post apocalyptic Reno, an overgrown and broken down not to distant future. Mason will be taking the advertisements on these buildings and altering them into things that could be advertised in a not too distant future.
We are using a program called Layar. Joe showed us a workshop here and we are using that as our foundation on how to achieve our goal.
We had some issues when following the workshop because it required us to use some backend website stuff that was way over our heads, but with some persistence we got it working.
Some issues we are expecting to run into is that the model render isn't staying in one place and its rather jittery, so setting up a way for to present this for the user and allowing it to be the same experience every time is going to be tricky.
We will be going to downtown this week to get photos and look at reference points and plan out where the user should be to experience what we want them to.